background

Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Discovering nature in San Diego

There are so many learning opportunities in nature. Gods creation is amazing and never fails to excite us. This summer we had the chance to go to San Diego with Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds. We were able to tour the USS Midway, play at the beach, eat dinner in an authentic mexican restaurant and best of all spend lots of time with family in Ca.

If you look to the right side of the picture and squint you will see the fin of a dolphin. As the kids were playing in the ocean, I noticed something swimming about 15 feet from them. My first thought was SHARK!!!!!! But I decided to wait before I scared my poor children to death. To my amazement there were about 12 - 15 dolphins playing and eating. They were jumping out of the water and playing with each other. You will have to take my word for it because as soon as I grabbed the camera, they stopped.

Joey found the most amazing thing at the ocean. He found Jayda's head lying in the sand. Jayda was very happy he found it, she was beginning to feel a little lost.

My pictures are a little out of order. This is a picture of the kids playing around. The dolphins were just on the other side of the waves. Seeing them in their natural habitat is far more exciting than Sea World. (however, I can only say that because weve never been there.)


Grandpa found some sea weed, or should we say it found him. He just couldn't resist walking right through a lot of sea weed that was coming to shore. Could this be the next fashion trend? I hope not. And here is Jayda. Whenever you get this little gal out of the house and into the mountains or oceans, this is what you see. SMILES from ear to ear, tons of energy and an excitement to discover everything.




1 comment:

  1. we loved having you guys with us and yes we did have a lot of fun. Even with the sun burns...lol we love the trips with our kids and grand babies

    ReplyDelete