background

Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

A Glimpse of heaven

I have a dear friend who has cancer. She was diagnosed a year ago and her cancer was supposed to be easily controlled. Her body is no longer accepting the treatment. There is nothing more the Doctors can do. I went and visited her on Thursday and she was sitting and talking with me, as if she were as healthy as ever. Her faith and strength is amazing to me, it is a gift of God to her. She is an amazing woman and shared a small glimpse of heaven with us on Friday. Along with many people from our church we went and sang hymns of praise to God with her. It was so beautiful to sing her favorite hymns as she is preparing to be with our Lord. To God be the glory, great things he hath done, so loved he the world that he sent us his son.

Carolyn was our Awana director and she has influenced so many lives for Jesus. She continues to share her deep testimony with all of those around her. We can no longer go visit her, after singing, she passed out and is now bed ridden. Pastor Steve was able to visit, however, and even with no strength to sit up she has the strength to smile and laugh. I will miss her terribly, but she will be with my Lord and I will see her again. Because a freind is a friend forever, if the Lord is the Lord of him. My prayer is that my life will shine for Jesus, just as hers has.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are losing a friend Jennell. You are right that she is going to a place where she can rest from her daily triles of mortal life and she will always be there and your friend. If you need anything please call and your family and her's will be in are prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is always amazing how the people facing the trial seem to have a way of keeping the rest of us positive. I think that is when Heavenly Father is so close and keeping his comforting arms around them. We will keep you all in our prayers

    ReplyDelete