
I hope you all had an amazing Independence Day! This year we celebrated in our new hometown of
Huntsville and enjoyed some festivities in Liberty. Our day began with our Pastor (the man in the salmon polo) praying for our nation at the flag raising ceremony. The cowboy shared a very touching story of his encounter with a WWII vet whom was crippled at the Battle of the Bulge. When he asked the man about the war on terrorism his reply was "I've had a better life as a crippled free man, then I ever would have if Hitler had won". This really got me thinking about true sacrifice. America was founded under God and I thank Him for the ultimate sacrifice on the cross.
After spending some time with our church family we headed off to Liberty where Aubrey participated in a greased pig catch. She had her hand on that pig, but a bigger girl pushed her down to the ground. I was a Little surprised at the lack of sportsmanship, however, Aubrey is ready for next year. She had so much fun, I am a little relieved that she didn't catch that pig because I wouldn't know how to raise it. It would have been good meat though.

Joey participated in the chicken catch. He ran with all his might but didn't catch the chicken. Here he is ready to run. This was so much fun to watch. They separate the kids by age and the smiles on all the their faces are priceless.

We spent some time swimming and playing with great Friends. then headed back to Huntsville for fireworks. Aunt Lisa and Jason were there with us. Best of all Dad is home this week. Here are some fun pictures of us relaxing before fireworks. If you are asking where is Ashton, he is volunteering at Pioneer Bible camp this week.


Here is something we didn't expect. Dancing!!! The kids danced and danced to live music and then to some top hit songs (some I didn't approve of but what can you do, just grin and bare it).

The dancing lasted all the way up to the fireworks. I loved this because there was no "how much longer" or "I'm bored will you buy me....fill in the blank". There was just silliness, laughter and pure delight.

And when we got home our kids were in bed sleeping before we could even kiss them goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment