background

Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back to School

Back to school!
Or To School.
We made the decision to homeschool our children about 8 years ago.
Today we started a new journey by sending our three youngest children to public school.
Last night nerves were on high alert. Aubrey and Jayda took turns wandering through 
the pasture to reflect on their first day of school. 
This morning found my children with smiles and their fears had subsided. 
Aubrey took pictures of her sister and brother this morning. 

Jayda: First day of sixth grade.
 She was at ease as she walked into the school. It helps when your Principle is standing
outside greeting everyone personally with a "This is the BEST DAY EVER!"

Joe: First day of sixth grade
He was off and running...this boy is always ready for an adventure. There was no outward 
nervousness from him at all. I think he will do amazingly in his class.

Aubrey: First day of eight grade
 She was overcome with worry last night. I am so happy to say that she was full
of smiles and at ease this morning. One thing about Aubrey is that she works at everything
that is placed before her with all she has. I know she will do well at school.


*One thing I want to point out is that I went school shopping for these munchkins and they are all wearing 
their favorite comfy clothes. When we were shopping they did tell me that they 
were happy with what they had and didn't really need much. 
Gotta love em!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun adventure for them and you. They are going to do great. What a good principle. If your house gets to quiet, I am happy to lend you an ear to talk or a 4 and 3 year old to add noise. They're good at that.

    ReplyDelete