Choosing Joy..... Two words yet they have been on my heart so often lately.
I often call my family teamevans. This started when I had twins and our Pastor stated that I now had a basketball team. I thought it was cute and it stuck with us. My team is changing and this has been tough for me to deal with. I only have 3 teammates living with me now. The older three have grown and moved out. If anyone tells you that this is an easy transition in life... They are LIARS. When your children move out of your home they go but your love, hope, fears and desires for them stay with you. My husband has taken a job where he is able to provide for our family but he works out of town quite often. I have taken my time to feel lonely, sad and to worry to the point I have felt physically ill.
But something happened... I CHOSE JOY! I don't need to dwell on the time when they are not here or worry about how they are doing. I can choose to dwell on all that I am getting. Our team has grown to include a son in law (whom we all adore) and hopefully a new daughter in law. Our team is no longer under one roof but now encompasses Utah, Whyoming, Idaho and North Dakota. I will never lose my team because in the end Joe and I will be holding down homebase, where our team can gather together.
As my life changes so will this blog. My younger three will not be homeschooling this year. Which is another reason to be sad but I choose joy. This blog will be where we share how we are using our time to choose joy, serve God and others here in Huntsville Utah.
I am not perfect, my days are not alway joy filled, but through Christs love for me and my family, I can rest in perfect peace knowing He is in control.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
well said Jennell. love you and can't wait to see how your year goes.
ReplyDelete