background

Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Let it snow let it snow let it snow

The weather outside is frightful, and the fire is so delightful.
But in order to keep us warm.
Stack some wood, Stack some wood, Stack some wood.

I long to live in the mountains and live off the land. My desire is not to be completely off the grid but I want to be able to survive without being dependent on grocery stores or power companies. My kids and I made some goals today. 1) Purchase a home with enough land to live off of. 2) Get horses 3) Plant a garden 4) Make a root cellar for winter food storage. 5) Buy some guns and teach kids how to hunt.

Can you guess which ones were moms goals, Joey goals and the girls goals. I think that it is funny how they placed them in this order. We actually sang the song above and discussed our goals for simple living while stacking wood on our porch for easy access.

We are working toward goal #1 by downsizing what we have in our home, saving money by eating what we have stored up and praying that God places us right where we need to be. I don't know if goal #2 will actually be second. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment