background

Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Activities Galore

We spent last Tuesday watching our local UTCH homeschool co-op drama and choir classes perform. It was a wonderful day, and if I dont say so myself, we have a group of highly talented children. Below is a picture of Ashton who played Tom Sawyer in the play "Tom Sawyer". He is posing with Josiah after the play.

Now we have a picture of Autumn who played a very silly young lady in the play "Pride and Prejudice". This is the scene where Mr. Bingly and Mr. Darcey are arriving at their home and they are all standing at the window discussing the looks of the guests. She did a great job, the girl in the black skirt is one of Autumn's best friends.

Here we have Alicia singing her heart out with the choir. They sang two songs from different time periods. Ashton was also in the choir but is not pictured.



We followed up the day with a tumbling and dance performance by Autumn, Aubrey, Jayda and Joey. They are taking classes from a friend of mine who is now teaching for free as a ministry to the children in our area. She is an amazing teacher as you will see with the progress the kids are making. We had a parents night where the kids can show the progress they have made. The kids have only been tumbling for a little over a month now.


When Jayda first began lessons she could not land on her feet while doing a cartwheel and now look at her. She loves every minute of this class.

I chose this video of Joey because I think it is so cute that he ran off the way he did. This is the first time I have seen him try the back bend. He didn't want to be in tumbling at first, but Mrs. Dawnette has some special tricks that she is teaching him that only boys do.

Aubrey has shown some natural talent. She can now do backbends by herself and can stand back up. She is working on a front walkover and some other new tricks. This is her one handed cartwheel. I am amazed at her straight legs.

I am a very proud mamma to some amazing kids. God is so good to us and has allowed my kids to have some amazing opportunities this winter. We look forward to an equally amazing spring and summer.

1 comment:

  1. and you should be a proud mama. I have had a blast with our "saturday lost party". good to see you more and yes i am to lasy to capitolise

    ReplyDelete