background

Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

Dinner for Two

As many of you know it is not always easy to go out on a date with your hubby when you have a houseful of children and a tight budget. With that being said, I decided to make a special date night. Our date consisted of flowers, candles, baked ham, potatoes, salad and a glass of wine. While the kids watch "The spy next door" in the basement and ate the same delicious dinner followed by caramel corn, popcorn, chips, crackers and water bottles. I loaded them up with snacks and told them they were only allowed to come upstairs if someone was bleeding or choking. We had a wonderful evening, I love my husband so much and find it hard to fit in some alone time with him. We talked about our future hopes and current dreams.

Around 8:15 I received a phone call from the basement asking permission to come upstairs. Our date was followed by a fun filled evening with the kids. It was such a joy to see my family smiling and enjoying one another.

My challenge to you is to do something today that tells your spouse that you love them. When you give of your time to show kindness, you are telling your loved ones just how special they are to you. Plus your children will feel confident and safe knowing Mom loves Dad and Dad loves Mom. So, what are you waiting for.... Go say "I love you"!

No comments:

Post a Comment