Aubrey took this picture of Jayda reading. I was so happy to see it! Jayda has had a very difficult time learning to read. She has been tutoring with a friend of mine whose husband is a special ed. teacher. With their help we found that she may have dysgraphia. She has been learing with a book that has the letters color coded so she will always know that the word begins with the red letter. I was worried that she would always need the colors, however, the opposite is true. She has began to love reading and it is a rare occurrence when I find her without a book. At the moment she is reading all about keeping hamsters as pets. I am so thankful.Wednesday, December 1, 2010
A sight for sore eyes
Aubrey took this picture of Jayda reading. I was so happy to see it! Jayda has had a very difficult time learning to read. She has been tutoring with a friend of mine whose husband is a special ed. teacher. With their help we found that she may have dysgraphia. She has been learing with a book that has the letters color coded so she will always know that the word begins with the red letter. I was worried that she would always need the colors, however, the opposite is true. She has began to love reading and it is a rare occurrence when I find her without a book. At the moment she is reading all about keeping hamsters as pets. I am so thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As someone who knows how hard reading can come. Way to go Jayda you are a little rock star. love ya
ReplyDelete